Patient Participation Group
What is the Patient Participation Group?
The practice has a Patient Participation Group (PPG) which acts independently of the practice. Its job is to represent the patients of the surgery in helping the practice to design services to meet the needs of its patients.
The agreed aims of the PPG are:
- Contribute to practice decision making and will consult on service development and provision
- Provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with grumbles and complaints about the practice, so representing patients but ensuring the practice’s point of view is considered
- Help communicate information to the practice community
- Give patients a voice in the organisation of their care
- Influence the provision of secondary (hospital) care and social care locally
- Liase with other PPGs if necessary
Join our group
New members are always welcome. Register for the PPG.